- Tue, 16:13: RT @NolteNC: I hoped Trump would be a good president. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect him to be this good. 70 years old, worked…
- Tue, 16:14: RT @chadfelixg: The Right needs to stop being polite and playing this 'Oh they're just protesting. Its their right. I'm not bothered.' when…
Check out the proposal to create an internet connection where YOU manage the information, rather than having it stolen under the pretext of an agreement.Would that make a difference in an age where only a few password hacks give the hacker a wealth of information from social media?
But note the catch: anonymity will once again be hard to get.The user can store practically any data they want in the POD, including photographs, videos, and fitness tracker data. The data can then be shared with apps and services of the user's choosing, as well as other people.
As the data is also stored in a POD under the user's control, and not by other companies, there is no need to synchronize data if it is shared with multiple apps, as the same data source is used across the board.
The POD is also being touted as a method of authentication, along the lines as logging in with a Facebook account to another services' website. The ownership of a POD will apparently provide third-parties with enough proof that the user is who they say they are.
As long as the left uses data attacks to attack user's employment, social networks, and community contacts with threats and takedowns, anonymity will be a necessary feature for many of us. How we get there is the question.
I have criticized the Logan Act as essentially unconstitutional before, and now I have my test case: John Kerry has been meeting with the Iranian government telling them to wait out the Trump administration. So the dance goes like this:
1. Impanel a grand jury, and indict Kerry under the Logan Act. It's broadly written, and fits like a glove.
2. Smile as he gathers top-flight legal counsel.
3. Prosecute him.
4. Expect to lose: the justice system in Washington DC will find a way to exonerate him.
5. Appeal to the circuit courts. Let them strike down the Logan Act.
6. Immediately demand the dismissal of the charges under Robert Muller of Trump associates talking to foreigners. Don't contest them.
7. Smile as the case against the administration is gutted by the Swamp for the benefit of a Swamp Creature like Kerry.
Justice. Cuts no ice.
Slowly, I turn, step by step...
If you didn't start smiling at that, you missed a nice video:
I'm starting to lose my own patience with Facebook. I've already lost it with Twitter.
- Sun, 14:36: Describe a season of peace in your life that ended unexpectedly. How do you navigate difficult times? What do you rely on for strength?
- Sun, 14:52: RT @DavidRutz: Name a Democrat who gets praised for working across the aisle in Congress.
- Sun, 14:53: RT @DavidAFrench: The contrast between the outpouring of love for McCain in his last days and the astonishing vitriol directed at him in 20…