Do Christians Love the World?
▾ This question came up in reference to 1 John 2:15-17
- Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
- For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
- And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
▾ The answer, then, is “No.” Why?
▾ It is evil Galatians 1:4
- Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
▾ It is perishable 2 Peter 3:8-14
- Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
- Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
- For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
- Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
- For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.
- And who is he that will harm you, if ye be followers of that which is good?
- But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;
▾ It is anti-God and anti-God's words 2 Timothy 3:1-7
- This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
- For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
- Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
- Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
- For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
- Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
▾ Not worth praying for John 17:8-9
- For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.
- I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.
▾ Controlled and operated by Satan Luke 4:6, 2 Corinthians 4:4
- And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.
- “In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.”
▾ Recall, as well, something I have discussed before:
- - Kosmos, Summary: In the sense of the present world-system, the ethically bad sense of the word, refers to the "order," "arrangement," under which Satan has organized the world of unbelieving mankind upon his cosmic principle of force, greed, selfishness, ambition, and pleasure. Mt 4:8,9 Jn 12:31 14:30 18:36 Eph 2:2 6:12 1Jn 2:15-17. This world-system is imposing and powerful with armies and fleets; is often outwardly religious, scientific, cultured, and elegant; but, seething with national and commercial rivalries and ambitions, is upheld in any real crisis only by armed force, and is dominated by Satanic principles.
- 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
- 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
- “Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.”
- “Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me.”
- “Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
- “Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:”
- “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”