Silliest Article Linked by Drudge:FBI seeks missing Egyptian students
Why is it silly? Because, with a story about a nationwide manhunt being undertaken for 11 Egyptian students, with comments from Homeland Security about its seriousness, there are no pictures of the people being hunted.
Really bad reporting, guys. Try to do better when you grow up.
, we learn their names.The students were identified as:
• El Sayed Ahmed Elsayed Ibrahim, 20
• Eslam Ibrahim Mohamed El Dessouki, 21
• Alaa Abd El Fattah Ali El Bahnasawi, 20
• Mohamed Ragab Mohamed Abd Alla, 22
• Ahmed Refaat Saad El Moghazi El Laket, 19
• Ahmed Mohamed Mohamed Abou El Ela, 21
• Mohamed Ibrahim Elsayed El Moghazy, 20
• Ebrahim Mabrouk Moustafa Abdou, 22
• Moustafa Wagdy Moustafa El Gafary, 18
• Mohamed Saleh Ahmed Maray, 20
• Mohamed Ibrahim Fouaad El Shenawy, 17
But again, no pictures. They applied for visas, so pictures are available. But where are they? Why is the Department of Homeland Security so bad at this?
Further notes from the alert: birthdates.
Has it occured to you that this is an inefficient way to search for someone? "Excuse me, sir, when were you born?"
A further scan of newswires indicates that no one appears to know what they look like. Great search technique.UPDATE:
Finally, someone with sense has the pictures
(and it wasn't the FBI).